Embracing the Now: Digital IDs & the Shift in Know Your Client (KYC) Compliance
Thursday, September 21, 2023
9:10 AM - 10:25 AM
In today's increasingly connected world, the process of Know Your Client (KYC) has evolved to adapt to technological advancements. Digital identification now plays a crucial role, ensuring security while providing convenience. Embracing digital identification and incorporating it into the KYC process is no longer optional but a necessity. It’s about ensuring safety in the digital age, enhancing financial systems efficiency, and meeting the modern demands of a rapidly evolving world. Understanding your client – beyond just what it says on a piece of plastic – is key to the identification of unusual activity.
In this session, Telpay's guest speaker, Matt McGuire, Co-Founder and Practice Director of The AML Shop, delves into how accountants and bookkeepers, in light of the evolving multifaceted nature of KYC, are increasingly being relied upon to play a role in the fight against money laundering and terrorist financing. As bookkeepers, you stand at the forefront of this digital transformation. Embrace it.
· How Accountants and Bookkeepers are Exploited to Launder Money (wittingly and not)
· What is the Significance of Digital Identification in Today's Financial Landscape?
· How Has the Role of FINTRAC Evolved in the Digital Era?
· What Constitutes Modern KYC in a Digitally-Driven World?
· Which Core KYC Methods Incorporate Digital Identification and How it Strengthens the Foundations of AML/ATF
· What Are the Red Flags Indicating Suspicious Activities?
· What the risks are to you and your financial services provider if AML/ATF is Ignored?