Managing Client Expectations
Friday, September 22, 2023
9:00 AM - 10:15 AM
Managing the expectations of clients is critical for maintaining strong relationships and delivering mutually successful outcomes. How many conflicts could have been avoided or problems solved by spending a bit more time establishing expectations at the beginning of client engagements?
In this session we will discuss:
1. Understanding the importance of effective communication:
- Explore the role of communication in managing client expectations.
- Discuss the various channels and strategies for effective client communication.
- Highlight the significance of active listening, clarity, and transparency.
- Provide practical tips for fostering open lines of communication.
2. Setting realistic expectations:
- Discuss the challenges associated with setting and managing expectations.
- Share techniques for identifying and aligning client expectations with engagement scope, timelines, and resources.
- Highlight the significance of managing expectations from the initial client engagement and throughout the engagement lifecycle.
- Explore ways to balance client aspirations with practical limitations to avoid potential scope creep, misunderstandings or disappointment.
3. Proactive relationship management:
- Emphasize the importance of building strong relationships with clients.
- Discuss strategies for proactive client engagement and relationship management.
- Highlight the benefits of setting clear boundaries and managing client requests and demands effectively.
- Provide insights on how to anticipate and address potential conflicts or changes in client expectations.
By focusing on these three learning objectives, you will have valuable insights and practical strategies to effectively enhance your overall client relationships through trust and client satisfaction.