Health & Safety Policy
While CPB CANADA is very much looking forward to welcoming you back to IGNITE 2022 with a long-awaited return to in-person events, both CPB CANADA and our community of participants need to take precautions when planning how we come together again in person for learning and exchange.
We understand that a degree of uncertainty exists around travelling and attending in-person events because of COVID-19. We are closely monitoring the situation and working with the Best Western Premier Calgary Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre to ensure the safety of everyone attending. The health and safety of everyone attending the event, including attendees, staff, volunteers, and suppliers, is the top priority for CPB CANADA. As such, we are undertaking preventative measures to reduce the potential spread of the COVID-19 virus at the event, in accordance with COVID-19 regulations provided by the Federal Government of Canada, the Province of Alberta, the City of Calgary, and the Best Western Premier Calgary Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre, along with any other venues offering extended social activities to registrants.
Due to the changing nature of the pandemic, and in order to be compliant with relevant federal, provincial, and municipal regulations, it may be necessary for CPB CANADA to update its health & safety policy from time to time, including these COVID-19 specific safety rules. We will inform registered participants about substantial changes to this policy.
COVID-19 vaccination policy removed (Updated on June 21, 2022)
Upon the suspension of vaccination requirements for travel within Canada and the removal of similar requirements nationwide, CPB Canada will be removing the requirement for all participants to be fully vaccinated to participate at IGNITE 2022.
Based on this change, all interested individuals who wish to attend IGNITE 2022 may do so irrespective of their vaccination status.
Safe conduct at the event
By attending, you agree to abide by any applicable federal, provincial, and municipal regulations and CPB CANADA’s health & safety rules and conduct yourself according to all provided instructions. This will include, but may not be limited to:
- refraining from coming to the event or leaving promptly if you develop symptoms associated with COVID-19;
- complying with the prevailing public health mask-wearing policy communicated at the event;
- following instructions on physical distancing and crowd circulation at the event to minimize contact; and
- observing good hand-washing and hygiene etiquette.
You can also confirm that:
- You are not under quarantine requirements as imposed by federal, provincial or municipal health authorities;
- You have not shown any symptoms of a COVID-19 infection yourself;
- You have not been in close contact with a person with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 infection; and
- You are following all Alberta Public Health recommended guidelines as much as possible and limiting potential exposure to COVID-19.
CPB CANADA will ensure the following:
- We are actively pursuing the highest level of hygiene and safety protocols during our event that allows registrants, speakers, sponsors and exhibitors to connect and learn effectively and safely;
- Masks may need to be worn by all participants according to the local health & safety guidelines;
- The facility will deploy proper cleaning and disinfection protocols and workplace practices will be in place as a standard, and hand sanitizing stations will be present throughout the building for use by all.
Conference registrants accept that they may be asked to leave the event should they fail to meet the obligations contained herein.