Terms & Conditions of Participation
(Last modified March 30, 2022)
These terms and conditions (these "Terms") govern your registration for and participation in CPB CANADA IGNITE 2022 (the "Event") and are an agreement between CPB CANADA ("CPB CANADA," "we," "us," or "our") and You. You represent to us that You are authorized to enter into these Terms.
Please read these Terms carefully and ensure You understand them. Registering to attend this Event acknowledges acceptance of these Terms and provisions of registration in accordance with these Terms. If You do not agree with any of the terms or conditions described herein, please do not register for the Event.
Note: These Terms may be revised at any time by CPB CANADA and will take immediate effect upon posting to our website. If one or more of the conditions outlined in these Terms should become invalid, the remaining conditions will remain valid and apply. By attending the Event or registering after the effective date of any changes to these Terms, You agree to be bound by the modified terms. It is your responsibility to check our website regularly for such changes. Please refer to the top of the Terms for the last modified date.
To register for the Event, You must complete the online Event registration process. Minors (under 18 years of age) are not permitted to attend the Event.
Our top priority is the health & safety of our attendees and making it easier for you to join us in Calgary, Alberta, September 20-23, 2022, at the Best Western Premier Calgary Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre. We understand that every situation and province may be different during this time. As a result, we have implemented the following cancellation policy.
You may cancel your conference registration in accordance with the following cancellation policy:
Until June 20, 2022 (11:59 PM ET)
Refund of registration costs, less a $125 administrative fee (plus applicable taxes)
July 8, 2022
Deadline to transfer in-person registration to Virtual Lite with no penalties
Between June 21 (12:00 AM ET)
Refund of 50% of registration costs (plus applicable taxes)
As of July 21, 2022 (12:00 AM ET)
- To request a refund, an email must be sent to email@example.com by the above-noted dates.
- Cancelled registrations are non-transferable to another person or between other events.
- Payment of registration confirms that you have read, understand, agree, and comply with the published registration cancellation policy.
- Please remember that cancelling your registration does not automatically cancel your hotel and travel arrangements. You are responsible for cancelling your own hotel and travel reservations. Registrants are advised against making non-refundable travel arrangements; You do so at your own risk if you purchase non-refundable airline tickets or make non-refundable hotel reservations.
- Participants who do not attend the event and do not provide notice ("no-shows') will not receive any refund or credit.
If due to COVID-19, travel restrictions are imposed in the province or country from which you are travelling and prevent your in-person attendance, CPB CANADA will work with you to credit the registration value towards a future event or refund the total amount. Backup documentation on your part in support of these restrictions will be required.
CPB CANADA reserves the right to cancel, change or substitute program dates or content at our sole discretion and with or without specific notice to You.
PHOTOGRAPHY, AUDIO AND VIDEO RECORDING
By attending this Event, You acknowledge and agree that CPB CANADA has the right to collect, record, use, reproduce, broadcast, rebroadcast, or incorporate in any manner whatsoever, all or any portion of photographs and/or videos, voice recordings, or likeness of You or Your participation in the Event (including Your name, occupation, and employer, and social media profiles if You choose to upload them at Your own discretion) for use in marketing materials and/or training materials and for internal use ("Materials"). You irrevocably grant, transfer, and assign a nonexclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free right and license to CPB CANADA, if any, in and to the Materials and all copyrights in the Materials arising in any jurisdiction throughout the world, including the right to register and sue to enforce such copyrights against infringers. You understand that the Materials may be substantially edited, altered, rearranged or modified. To the maximum extent permitted by law, You hereby waive Your rights You may have in the Materials.
CODE OF CONDUCT
We are committed to creating a safe environment that is inclusive and free from discrimination, regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or any other protected categories under applicable law.
All participants must adhere to the following Expected Behaviour:
- Be considerate of those around You.
- Be respectful of others and viewpoints that may be different from Your own.
- Be mindful of Your words and actions.
Unacceptable behaviours will not be permitted. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Offensive or unwanted behaviour or language related to race, religion, colour, national origin, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or any other protected categories under applicable law.
- Visual harassment, such as sexual images or sexual language at the Event, including presentations and slide decks.
- Intimidation or bullying, both online and/or in-person.
- Sharing Your event registration or making event content available to a competitor of CPB CANADA.
- Any other illegal activity not already covered above.
- Failure to follow any of the rules or regulations of the event or instructions of the Event staff.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behaviour:
Unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated and could result in removal from current and/or exclusion from any future CPB CANADA events. If a participant is seen engaging in unacceptable behaviour, CPB CANADA may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the Event without warning. If appropriate, local law enforcement may be involved.
At its sole discretion, CPB CANADA reserves the right to refuse or revoke admittance or access to or expel from the Event anyone for any lawful reason, including but not limited to anyone behaving in a manner that could be disruptive to the Event or any other attendee.
If You are the subject of or witness to any violations of the Code of Conduct, You can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If necessary, Event staff are empowered to take appropriate actions that may include but are not limited to removal from the Event and/or involving venue security or local law enforcement.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK, ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND WAIVER
By registering to attend this Event and participating in Events held by CPB CANADA, You hereby acknowledge, understand and agree that:
- CPB CANADA adheres to applicable Coronavirus (COVID-19) guidelines and regulations and has implemented a formal Health & Safety policy as outlined here. However, the World Health Organization has classified COVID-19 and its strains as a highly contagious and dangerous disease; CPB CANADA cannot eliminate the risk of You being exposed to or contracting COVID-19;
- You are fully aware that Your physical appearance at the Event Location(s) and participation in the Event or any Event-related activities carries with it certain inherent risks related to infectious diseases or viruses, including but not limited to COVID-19 transmission ("Inherent Risks") that cannot be eliminated regardless of the care taken to avoid such risks. Inherent Risks may include, but are not limited to, (1) the risk of coming into close contact with individuals or objects that may be carrying COVID-19; (2) the risk of transmitting or contracting COVID-19, directly or indirectly, to or from other individuals; and (3) injuries and complications ranging in severity from minor to catastrophic, including death, resulting directly or indirectly from COVID-19 or the treatment thereof;
- You further understand that Alberta Health Services has determined that certain risk factors, such as advanced age (65 or older), and certain underlying medical conditions, including kidney disease, COPD, immunocompromised state, obesity, heart conditions, sickle cell disease, diabetes, asthma, cerebrovascular disease, cystic fibrosis, hypertension, liver disease, pregnancy, pulmonary fibrosis, and smoking, increase the risk for severe illness from COVID-19 and its strains;
- You acknowledge that the risks of COVID-19 or its strains are not fully understood and that contact with, or transmission of, COVID-19 may result in risks including but not limited to loss, personal injury, sickness, death, damage, and expense, the exact nature of which are not currently ascertainable, and all of which are to be considered Inherent Risks;
- You understand and accept that there is Inherent Risk from a failure of other participants not following proper COVID-19 protocols, such as maintaining proper social distancing and hygiene measures, and that the COVID-19 precautionary measures being employed by CPB CANADA as designed and implemented in accordance with applicable regulations may be insufficient to prevent the transmission or contraction of COVID-19 and suffering any related injuries;
- You hereby voluntarily, knowingly and freely accept and assume all such Inherent Risks related to illness and infectious diseases, such as COVID-19 or similar viruses, even if arising from the negligence or fault of the Released Parties (as defined below); and
- You acknowledge and assume full responsibility for risks inherent in any type of physical activity, including the activities at the Event location(s). These risks include property damage, serious bodily injury, and/or death, including any injury, harm and loss caused by the negligence, fault or conduct of any kind on the part of the Released Parties.
- As a registered participant at the Event, You are agreeing to comply with all Health & Safety regulations put in place by CPB CANADA under the Event's Health & Safety Policy, and acknowledge that your participation at the Event is completely voluntary.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION
Except where prohibited by applicable law, CPB CANADA does not bear any legal liability or responsibility for the safety or health of any attendee participating in this Event. CPB CANADA disclaims any liability for the acts of any outside entities related to this Event.
CPB CANADA reserves the right to cancel the Event without liability.
Each attendee shall be personally responsible for their behaviour. The organizers do not accept responsibility for the behaviour of any attendee or outside entity during the Event. CPB CANADA shall not be liable for any delays or failure in performance or interruption of services resulting directly or indirectly from any cause or circumstance beyond the reasonable control of CPB CANADA, including but not limited to acts of God, war, terrorism, failure of transportation, weather, accidents, fires, electrical failures, strikes, labour disputes, postal delays, explosions, and government orders or regulations.
Attendees at this Event agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless CPB CANADA, its officers, directors and agents against all claims arising out of actions or omissions of an attendee at or in connection with this Event. To the maximum extent permitted by law, You (for Yourself, Your heirs, dependents, personal representatives, assigns, and anyone else who might make a claim on Your behalf or as a result of Your death or injury) hereby release CPB CANADA and their respective directors, officers, employees, contractors, representatives, agents, successors, and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties"), from any and all claims, demands, causes of action, suits, damages, losses, debts, liabilities, costs and expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorneys' fees and costs) that You may have now or in the future associated in any way with the Event or the materials.
Except where prohibited by applicable law, CPB CANADA disclaims any and all direct, special, consequential, incidental, punitive or other indirect damages of any kind, whether alleged as a breach of contract or tortious conduct, including negligence or based on any other cause of action. In no event shall our total liability to you for all damages and losses exceed the amount paid by you for this Event.
These Terms and any dispute arising between You and us shall be governed by the laws of and the courts located in Ontario.